NEWS & EVENTS
Tips For Driving Safely In A Traffic Jam
Imagine cruising down the Florida highway along the water with the sun shining. With the wind blowing through your hair, you may not have a worry in the world. But all of a sudden, you come up to a congested roadway where it looks like the traffic is endless. Although you wish you could just maneuver your way out of the backup, this would be a dangerous move. It is important to drive safely in traffic to avoid potential accidents and injuries.
Sitting in a traffic jam is a frustrating situation for any driver, but it is important to keep control of your emotions. Remember, eventually, the string of stopped cars will start moving again and you can go on your way.However, before speeding off, here are some tips to follow to help you remain a safe and defensive driver in traffic:
- Speeding plays a role in many car accidents. When in traffic, mind the speed limit laws because they are carefully selected to minimize the chances of accidents.
- When traffic is heavy, it is important to keep a good amount of distance between you and the next vehicle. By going slowly, you will be able to observe your surroundings more easily and reduce your chances of rear end accident.
- In traffic, it is easy to become distracted, frustrated, and annoyed. Any of these issues can cause you to pay less attention than you should. Make sure your focus on only on the road and nothing else.
- Fatigue can contribute to traffic accidents. Feeling tired causes you to become distracted easily and also slows your reflexes.
- Make a habit of putting your seat belt on, and be sure to check and make sure everyone else in your vehicle is buckled up as well.
- Keep your vehicle in a safe condition to avoid a break down in the middle of a traffic jam. Read your owner’s manual regarding the recommended maintenance.
At Massey, Clark, Fischer, Inc., we hope these tips help you stay safe in traffic and in other situations you may encounter during your travels. Although you cannot control when an accident will occur, you can make preparations to avoid them and stay safe while driving. Following the rules of the road and wearing a seat belt will help, and so will the protection offered by our auto insurance. We are proud of the superior customer support and top-quality insurance we offer residents across the state. This solution can protect you from a loss in the event of an unfortunate accident, which is why it is crucial that we help you to enroll in an efficient vehicle coverage program today.
Disclaimer: The above description provides a brief overview of the terms and phrases used within the insurance industry. These definitions are not applicable in all states or for all insurance and financial products. This is not an insurance contract. Other terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Please read your official policy for full details about coverages. These definitions do not alter or modify the terms of any insurance contract. If there is any conflict between these definitions and the provisions of the applicable insurance policy, the terms of the policy control.