Why Do I Need Insurance?
Insurance is a way of managing risks. When you buy insurance, you transfer the cost of a potential loss to the insurance company in exchange for a fee, known as the premium. Insurance companies invest the funds securely, so it can grow, and pay out when there’s a claim.
Insurance helps you:
- Own a home, because mortgage lenders need to know your home is protected
- Drive vehicles, because few people could afford the repairs, health care costs and legal expenses associated with collisions and injuries without coverage
- Maintain your current standard of living if you become disabled or have a critical illness
- Cover health care costs like hospital and doctor bills, prescription drugs, dental care, vision care and other health-related items
- Provide for your family in the event of a death
- Run a small business or family farm by managing the risks of ownership
- Take vacations without worrying about flight cancellations or other potential issues